Yesterday, I turned 26 years old.
Wow, that feels like a big number. It feels like an accomplished number. It still feels like a young number. I am blessed to be this old. It's important to remember that some don't make it this far due to a million and one reasons. To grow older and (hopefully wiser) is a true blessing.
I thought it would be fun to share 26 facts that you may not now in honor of my 26th year.
1. I only eat carrot cake once a year, for my birthday, from Cheesy Eddies located in my home city. It is my favorite place to get carrot cake and I refuse to eat any other because nothing tastes as good as theirs.
2. I often have two birthday cakes. My Cheesy Eddies carrot cake is only for me (they come in a various sizes, so I'm not eating a cake made to feed 8 people..more like a mini cake made for two) and I don't even share with Mozart. The other cake (usually store bought or I make it) is for everyone else. Sorry, not sorry.
3. I've never been to a night club and I kind of don't want to ever go.
4. My favorite food is Tex Mex. I don't like authentic Mexican food (not really, some of it is okay) but give me some smothered nachos, salsa, burritos, and more importantly- anything Chipotle- and I'm a very happy girl. Seriously. Last year for Valentine's Day, Mozart surprised me with a burrito for lunch. I love that man.
5. I'm up 5/5:30am most days.
6. One day I will take the leap and start my own business.
7. When I become obsessed with video games and/or TV shows they leak into my life. Like the time I swore I was a detective when I discovered Veronica Mars or the time I found myself silently stalking my husband through the house after hours of Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed game play.
8. Orange is my favorite color but I don't own many orange things.
9. When I get really tired my right eye gets extremely painful.
10. I love fruity chewy candy. No chocolate.
11. I don't wear dress socks to work. I wear big ugly white tube socks. Oops.
12. Brad Pitt has been my husband since I was 9.
13. The older I get the more conservative I get. AH!
14. I compare my capabilities as a mom and a wife to people that I shouldn't.
15. One day, when we buy a home, I plan on making a dinning room table and chairs.
16. When I was pregnant with Bean I cried and ugly cry on the kitchen floor when I discovered Mozart had eaten the last of the cereal. When I was pregnant with Reid I cried an angry cry when Mozart had eaten the last piece of pie. Both times I made him go out at 10pm to replace the items.
17. I don't like any hot drinks other than hot chocolate and even then I can't finish a whole one.
18. I ran my own feminist organization in undergraduate school.
19. I own only one pair of work shoes, one pair of sneakers, two pairs of dressy sandals and a pair of winter boots. Having a size 11 foot is not easy my friends.
20. The first concert I ever attended was Journey and it was amazing.
21. I don't remove nail polish, I let it chip away until it isn't there anymore.
22. I haven't read any books since I read all three books in the Hunger Games series ...a year ago. I know...I'm horrible.
23. I once slammed my finger in the car door and my nail turned black and popped off. I believed that I would never find a husband with a stub for a nail but it grew back. I kept the black nail for a very long time but one day I couldn't find it....gross.
24.When I was younger, I wanted to be a hot dog vendor. Like, legit. We had an elementary career fair and each kid had to have a booth where they dressed up like their dream job. I had a hot dog stand made out of card board boxes, fake food, an apron, and an awesome chef's hat.
25. When I am an old lady I am going to be a mean old lady because I believe the elderly have the right to say and do what they please. So no little girl scout girl, I do NOT want you to read to me and no senior center staff member, I do NOT want to make crap out of Popsicle sticks.
26. I can't step on tile or linoleum floor with wet feet, even if it's clean. It grosses me out so I dread getting out of the shower. I need to invest in some shower flip flops circa college days.
I had a wonderful birthday and it's not over yet. It's our tradition to do special things not only on the actual birthday, but to spend a full weekend dedicated to that person. I'm so excited about what's in store for this weekend. Of course, I'll keep you updated.