Finding a Home and Leather Bracelet Watches

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Something has been weighing heavily on my heart lately.

And I’m glad I got to talk about it with my friend Kelly in Colorado Springs.

She’s such a sweet person and being around her makes me feel incredibly calm and sure in my footing, which isn’t always the case. I love the relationship she has with God. Bouncing ideas off of her, asking questions, and laughing at the miracles, hardships, and beauty in life was incredibly refreshing.


But what has been weighing on my heart a little less now since visiting Kelly is my family's living situation.
Syracuse leaves a lot to be desired, that’s for sure. There’s no hiding the overwhelming poverty, violence, and lack of resources. The arts are struggling (but making a come back, I think) and there aren't any free zoo or museum days, or even a high school dedicated to the arts-which makes my heart hurt. The public transit system is in the dump and getting the community to rally around issues they should care about would be a miracle.

But for all of it’s faults, Syracuse does offer things we absolutely love.

The housing market is amazing and we love that it only takes a 10 minute drive to get to farm country. We love the movement here to support local business and the cost of living is fairly low. We also live in a pretty good location between our families.

Most importantly, we're building a nice community of friends.

All of this makes us wonder if we could make a home here.

When will we know if we’re meant to be here? There are so many questions and I don’t know the answer to any of them.

But Kelly is right, I just have to pray for guidance. I’m praying that God soothes my heart so that I am still enough to hear His messages.
(If you’re interested in signing up, use this link- I get $5 bucks when you purchase something!)

I’m also battling with self care. I look through the items I own as a woman and it isn’t much. I wonder sometimes, why I feel so guilty purchasing anything for myself. I’m still living like I’m a poor college student and I think becoming a mom has really hindered my self care.

So I bought this watch yesterday on Groop Dealz in orange (my favorite color).

I’m trying to remember that I don’t have to “earn” the right to have a few nice things for myself and my buyers remorse is just silly.

Do you feel guilty when you buy things for yourself?
If you found your home town/city, how did you know it was "the one?"

Intense Debate Comments