The other day when I was coming home from a long day of work, trudging up the snowy steps, I reached our apartment porch and saw this:
I smiled so big, shook my head, and dragged it inside. I couldn't believe our college friends, DT and Em, had sent us another amazing thing through the mail. When I plopped this down on our table to take a look at it I felt my heart swell. I felt blessed, warmed, and extremely happy. DT and Em are a couple I've written about several times and each time it pretty much goes like this: They are amazing individuals that make a beautiful couple who are funny, caring, and warm. They continue to be supports in our lives and people we can always count on when we're looking for comfort, inspiration, and laughter.
Pretty much..They are amazing and that couple who makes you wish you were as thoughtful as they are.
I really wanted to open the package as soon as I got home but I knew TP would be upset if I did so I had to wait two agonizing hours for him to get home. He was as excited and surprised as I was when he saw this large package and we both ripped into it as soon as we could.
Inside we found:
Does this just make you want to fall over? They bought Little Bean so many wonderful things and we got Valentine's Day dish towels that I can't wait to put out! They even bought our awaiting baby little booties!
This is a tradition now (I think) because last year they bought Bean these booties:
I held them up and asked TP if he could even imagine a baby being that small. He said he couldn't because as we watched Bean crawl around the floor and push things out of her way with all the authority a 10 month old can muster, we struggled to imagine when she was that small. But they are precious! I wish I would have taken pictures of Bean in her booties but I forgot. However, this time I will make sure I take pictures of the newest baby in theirs.
There aren't enough blog posts to thank DT and Em for their kindness but right now...I think the count is around three or four, haha!
-M




No comments:
Post a Comment