Bean's Birthday Party Part 2

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I decided to make all the cupcakes for B's party. The recipe was alright but nothing I'd rave about so I'm not going to post the recipe. I think everyone else loved them but I didn't really care for them.

At the end of her party I stuck this sparkling candle in the middle of a perfect pink cupcake and sat it in front of her. We all sang happy birthday and she screamed right along with us (her version of singing) and then TP and I blew out her candle. Only it wouldn't blow out and it kept sparking and flickering and I was pretty sure it was going to be a fire hazard. So I took the candle out handed it to someone and sat the cupcake in front of her.

My dear Bean has always been a lady. Even in the womb she kept her legs crossed and her face covered. To this day she is the cleanest eating baby I've ever seen and her birthday was no different. If anyone thought she was going to dive head first into an over frosted cupcake, they were wrong.

Instead my little lady picked it up, took a few licks, and then sat it down to slowly pick it apart and gently place it in her mouth to eat. I think a few people were disappointed by this but her Daddy and I smiled at each other because we didn't expect her to do anything different.



-M

1 comment:

Jessica @ One Shiny Star said...

That's so cute! Of course... I am partial to frosting covered babies... they're so sweet. lol.

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments