Pinterest

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pinterest is a new craze that I found on the internet through a few bloggers and some friends. It really is this amazingly creative way to keep track of things that inspire you.

The only thing that bothers me is that you have to be "invited" to join the website. I don't really know what this means but I clicked a button to be sent an invitation and was sent a reply quickly after. The Pinterest team thanked me for my interest and told me I was on a "waiting list" and I would know as soon as possible if I was accepted to join the community. I shrugged it off and then checked my email finally before I went to bed and saw that I had been "selected."

This made me extremely happy, like I was selected to sit at the cool kids table. Then I thought, that's exactly what this company wants me to feel like. To my knowledge there is no special criteria to join the group (after-all, any nobody like myself can request an invitation) but they hold off your acceptance making you anxiously wait. This is extremely stuck up in my opinion but a brilliant marketing ploy.

So after a few minutes of looking around, I created an inspirational board for home decor ideas. Here's what I'm loving right now:




TP and I are so spoiled now that we have our own office and I don't ever see us going back to not having one. I love the simplicity of this office and how it's all white. I'm really loving white right now.


What isn't there to love about this? I love keeping our bed linen light and airy but unfortunately our light and airy Ikea duvet didn't mix well with our 16 month old. Talk about stains. I think when I replace it (soon, hopefully) I'll go with something darker and when our kids are old enough to know that Mommy and Daddy's room is off limits, switch to something like this.


Source: flickr.com via Meg on Pinterest

Loving this, but again there is so much white! Gah, maybe people who don't have kids with homes that look like this were on to something. All I can see with this picture is little smudges of jelly finger prints.


-M

Intense Debate Comments