Staying Active
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
I knew from the time I found out I was pregnant that I wanted to do things differently postpartum. After Bean's birth I kind of fell back into my old ways, not really gaining any weight but not losing it either. But I'm much too heavy. Too heavy to live the kind of life I want (with great looking clothes, feeling comfortable in the bathing suit, being able to run around with my kids, and being the kind of wife my husband can't keep his hands off of). I also want to lose weight before we have another baby.
I decided that I wanted to become active as soon as I felt good enough to do so. That was about a week and a half after I had Gus. I decided that walking would be the best thing for me but in order to do that I needed a decent stroller. The strollers we had were cheap and too short. Want a tip? Spend the money on a stroller that is of good quality, no matter the cost. You will save money, time, and consume less (we bought three cheap strollers from the time Bean was born until Gus' birth).
To start out in becoming more active, I walk with Gus every morning around our neighborhood and with both kids on the weekend (I put Bean in the stroller and I wear Gus). I don't have a particular route I take, I just go in whatever direction and however long I feel like that particular morning. Some mornings I don't feel like walking and sometimes on those mornings I do it anyway and other times I wait till mid afternoon to walk. I treat those mid afternoon walks as punishment for my morning laziness because the August heat isn't something I like being in.
I'm also starting up pilates (by way of Netflix) and a Zumba class at our local dance studio.
-M
