Thirfty Shopper | A New Chair

Wednesday, November 23, 2011


I'm supposed to be moving and packing up all the stuff in our apartment. But I went to the Salvation Army to donate items and decided to look around. No harm in that, right?

Wrong.

I snapped this picture with my cell phone and sent it to my husband asking, "What do you think?" but he was taking too long so I sent it to my mom and she replied instantly. Moms are great.

She thought the chair was "Cute" and for $25.00, I couldn't pass that up.

I asked a clerk if the chair had been sprayed and inspected for bugs (bedbugs, fleas, you know the kind) and she said it had and the chair passed the test.

Sold!

I bought the chair and hours later my husband responded, "I like it." Great because I had already bought it. We took it home the next day and it sits on our landing, ready for move in day.

This chair is a great find because it has the color pallet I want for our new living/dinning room. All I have to do is clean it again (to make myself feel more comfortable) and paint the chair legs.

Do you shop at thrift stores? If so what do you buy? What are some things you'd NEVER buy at a thrift store?

Intense Debate Comments