All You Need Is Love | Heart Shape Brown Sugar Cookies

Sunday, February 5, 2012

So if you’re looking for a sweet treat to share with those you love, look no further. 
Push away the traditional sugar cookie cut out recipe and try something a little new, brown sugar cookies. 

These cookies are sweet just like a sugar cookie but have a deep nutty flavor and unique look.

I found this brown sugar cookie recipe from Busy Nothings.

Once I made the dough I put it in the fridge to let it cool for a couple hours. In the mean time I went to my local craft store and purchased a few cookie boxes.

1


But I wanted to decorate it a little bit so I bought a Valentine’s Day themed craft paper and cut it to size.

2


Then I glued it over the window in the box.

3


Once my dough was workable I rolled it out in small batches and used my heart cookie cutters.

4


I rolled my dough thick so that the cookies would be chewey when they came out.

5


I baked them on 350 for only a few minutes. You want the edges just beginning to brown. I took my cookies out and placed them on a cooling rack.

6

Once your cookies are cooled all the way you can use your favorite icing and decorating supplies to make them pretty.

7

I placed mine in a box and wrapped it in red string.

9


As you can see even the smallest of fingers can’t wait to try them.

8

These cookies were so easy to make and they are great gifts for co-workers, friends, family members, or even that someone special.

Happy baking!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Adorable gift! Looks yummy!

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments