I threw my husband a surprise 25th birthday party on Saturday, fiesta style!
It was such a stressful thing to do. Organizing in secret, making sure people showed up on time, juggling buying things for the party while he was out or making up small white lies about the mysterious disappearance of our funds.
But it was worth it. He’s so worth it.
The guests were local friends and family and some of his family from Philadelphia. I had the food catered by Moe’s Southwestern Grill and we drank strawberry daiquiris and Goya soda.
We played pin the tail on the donkey which was a huge hit and he whacked at a pinata.
Here’s a clip from his entrance:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The next day we dropped Bean and Reid off at our usual child care provider and headed to Ithaca, NY. We love going there but haven’t been in years so this was a great treat.
Here’s a video from our car ride. Didn’t know my husband could dance? Now you do:
We purchased used books, I re-stocked my stationary, purchased a few summer clothes for the kids, ate brunch, and enjoyed the beautiful weather.
It was so peaceful and everything was perfect.

We went to vintage shop and found our way to their sunglasses.
We ended our evening with an amazing meal at Hazelnut Kitchen in Trumansburg, NY.
I really wanted something we’d both enjoy and something that supported our efforts (sometimes) in eating local, organic, and seasonally. Hazelnut Kitchen uses only seasonal organic produce grown locally. Their meat is grass fed and local. We’ve already made a pact to go back at least once a month, even if it is an hour away.
I wish I had taken pictures of our meal but I felt awkward pulling out a huge camera to do that so instead we savored it and played footsie under the table.
We had such a wonderful weekend and it was the perfect way to bring in his 25th year!




No comments:
Post a Comment