I signed up for the month of May and my foodie penpal was Jenni. I was so nervous the entire process because I didn’t know if she’d like anything I picked out.
Not only that, but she has diabetes and I don’t know the first thing about the complexities of her condition. All I thought about while I was shopping for her was, “I hope this doesn’t kill her......” A little dramatic yes, but I really wanted to get things she could eat.
Here’s what I sent:
|Photo credit to Jenni|
I forgot to take pictures of my package before I sent it off so I bugged her for a picture! I got a report back from Jenni saying that she enjoyed the food and obviously because I received an email I knew none of it killed her.
To say I was excited about the Trader Joe’s food is an understatement. Up until the time of getting my goodies, I had never been to Trader Joe’s, our area doesn’t have one.
Christine lives in Brooklyn, NY (one of our most favorite places) and in the note she sent along with the food she mentioned that the granola is made locally right in Brooklyn and sold at markets!
This granola was extremely good and we used it on our cereal and oatmeal.
We loved everything in the box, Reid especially loves the Mango Butter on toast and Bean single handily ate all the chocolate covered Edamame. But the real show pony of the entire package was the Trader Joe’s herb popcorn.
This bag of popcorn lasted about two hours in our house and I was the main culperate. But I don’t feel guilty for one piece of it. It’s the best popcorn I’ve ever had. I even tweeted about how great it was.
I am so happy with the box I received and I have already signed up for next month.
If you’re interested check it out:




