Our New Addition

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

We’re so excited to open our home to Miss Synclaire.


We found her on Craigslist and to say that Bean is excited about having her own cat is a huge understatement. Reid is pretty oblivious to her.

We aren’t really “cat people” and would love a dog one day but right now they are too much work, especially living in an apartment.

On Sunday morning we had a Skype conversation with my mom and Bean was able to show off her “My Miss Synclaire” and she was very proud. Then my mom told me about a show she watched called “My Cat From Hell” or something...exactly what I needed to hear Ma’...thanks.



But Synclaire is here to stay as long as she’ll have us. To be honest, I’m excited to have a pet. It feel like our family is shaping and forming- adding new members always makes me feel good and settled. I’m also looking forward to another Christmas stocking over our fire place this year and one more birthday to celebrate.


No...we’re not that kind of family. I’m not calling Synclaire my furbaby or Bean and Reid’s sister. She won’t wear clothes (except maybe a witch hat for Halloween. All black cats have to wear those) and I would never put her well being over my family or another human being. I definitely think animals have a place in a family and it’s a warm and loving one, but they are just that...animals.

Did I mention she loves sleeping in-between my boobs? 
Maybe she is one of my kids.

Intense Debate Comments