French Toast, Hot Chocolate, and Open Houses
Monday, November 12, 2012
We spent our weekend reading under our living room fort, sipping hot chocolate, eating french toast, and going to open houses.
Yes my friends, we're going to buy a house. It seems so weird to say that. So grown up, as if two kids doesn't qualify us or something. But we've come to the conclusion that it's our next step.
We've interviewed realtors and chose one. We think she'll be exactly what we need. She also lives in the city and that gave her the edge over other candidates.
Our current lease is up May 31st, so we'd like to walk away with a set of keys in May or June. In the mean time we were advised to go to as many open houses as we can. So that we can see what the market is like.
The houses that we visit are all in our price range (we don't believe in looking at something we can't buy) and in the neighborhoods we want. Basically, we are looking at homes that if it were February, we'd consider buying.
It's exciting and scary at the same time and if I wasn't sorta kind of obsessed with home decor/improvement blogs, I most definitely am now. I've already pinned a few projects.
Here are a few home improvement blogs that I love:
House House Love
I was reading them from the very beginning and loved that they do everything themselves. I also love the use of color in their designs and I think they're just an all around happy couple that is seriously passionate and good at what they do.
Funky Junk
Love her. She's a single mom, doin' it all on her own. I love how she isn't afraid to admit her mistakes or re-do projects because they didn't turn out how she had planned. Her community also got together and renovated her home because she is so awesome and was in need. Mostly though, I love her style
Thrifty Decor Chick
She has a lot of projects that I can see us doing in our new home. Her style is something I like and I really dig how she decorates for the different holidays and all on the cheap. 'Cause we're in the cheap.
Cape 27
Just found this blog and there are a lot of projects I like. The honesty is there too, I'm all about bloggers in the design realm talkin' about how it really is. This is also their second home and the first one was awesome too.
Sawdust and Embryos
If you can't tell by the title of this one, its a blog about everything. I love the projects on here, again airing on the side of chic and cheap and "can we get this done with two screaming kids?!"- something that I wonder about a lot.
Do you have any design blogs you like? Ones that don't require me to buy $400 rugs and light fixtures?
