What's Happening

Monday, December 3, 2012

A lot going on here (as usual) and I've missed coming to this space to write about it. So I figured I'd come by to tell you all about what's happenin' around our way:

House Hunting
The months are coming and going so quickly. In January we'll be actively looking for our home. I love talking to people about home buying because (so far) everyone is full of knowledge about different things. We've decided on a list of important "must haves" and "wishes"- I'll be sharing that later and how we came to those decisions.

Christmas
Oh, December is here! I love the Christmas season! We have our Christmas tree (I'll have a post about that soon) and it's decorated and beautiful. I'm trying to slim down our Christmas season to-dos because I want this time to be about warmth and memories and not a lot of errands and mandatory fun. I'm excited to share a few things that we do as well, here on the blog. I also love reading about other traditions from different bloggers, like Monica and her take on no Santa Claus.

Surgery
I've recovered well from surgery. I'm still pretty sore in some areas but feeling better every day. I get really tired by the end of the day and that's particially due to the anethesia (so says the doctors). Otherwise, I'm good as new.

The End is Near
I can't believe 2012 is almost over! It was a great year for us and one that challenged me in a lot of ways. I'm pretty sure 2013 will be awesome because we have a lot coming up (new house?! birthdays, pre-k, vacations, and much more) but I am going to take a few hours each weekend with Mozart to decide on our family goals for the new year and some personal things I want to work on.

Blogging
I've been thinking about this blog: What does it mean, how do I want to proceed, what direction I want to take with it. So many questions. I do know that in the new year (maybe fore my birthday) I want a complete blog over haul (possible new name) and a new look- all done by a designer! But in thinking about that, I often wonder about lots of things. Lately I've been striving (and successful) about guilt free internet time. Meaning, I do all my chores first and then if I have any time left over, I get on the internet to blog or to spend my time. As you can see by the lack of updates, I'm not left with much time. But my home is looking better and that's worth it. Anyway, I always think about the direction of this blog and my own goals- more goal setting for the new year.

What are you up to? I've been reading your blogs and another goal of mine (so many!) is to comment more on what you're doing!

Intense Debate Comments