Please spare me the "Oh my gosh, you're going to be sooooo miserable being pregnant and in the heat."- Thank you, I know. Moving on.
After all, from July on Bean will have to share my attention and I want to give her all I can before her little brother comes.
Some of our plans include but are not limited to:
1. Berry picking. Last year we only picked blue berries and raspberries because we moved here late. But this year we plan on hitting up our favorite you-pick farm and country store to stock up our bellies and shelves. Making jam has to be one of the funnest things I've ever taught myself how to do and this year I want to experiment with some jam recipes that I've never done before like strawberry rhubarb jam, fig and rhubarb jam, cherry jam, or blueberry jam.
2. Local parks. There are a lot of parks around us and we want to visit a lot of them. Some of the parks have waterfalls while others have beautiful trails and always family fun activities. I know I wont be able to walk like I would if I was without child, but that doesn't bother TP. He is more than willing to stop and take rests with me or let me wobble behind for a little while as he explores up ahead.
3. Free summer festivals. We are all about the free around here. Luckily the area we live in has tons of free festivals. Food, art, music, children, and cultural festivals are never far from us (some just 5 minutes) and they are always free. We will also take advantage of the carnivals that stop by. Pregnant or not, there isn't a funnel cake that I could turn down.
4. Farmers market. TP and I are regulars (I even have an Apple Guy!) and we go every Saturday morning. Even if it's to look around and pick up a few things (including the fry dough, bless my heart).
If all goes well we will feel like our summer is full of wonder, love, adventure..but most importantly love. We will be welcoming a busy season in the next month that includes graduations, new employment, adventure, and a new baby. I don't think any one season, other than summer, could handle so much.
-M
5 comments:
I hate when people make comments about the weather when I say I'm due in July. It's like they think I live in a tent... or that I will be spending every day, all day outside. Lol. I like in an apartment... with A/C. It's like people have forgotten about that modern marvel. lol.
Good luck with your summer plans. I will be working full time until mid-June... and by then I may just want to collapse and sleep until the baby is born (in 2 hour increments of course!).
We don't have AC but I suspect that we will have to get it. I'm really looking forward to the summer and having a little more family time!
If it becomes unbearable you can come down to Virginia and hang out at my place. lol. Our last house "had" AC, but it was always broken, the house was always super hot... but that was in Tennessee, so it was nasty and humid and gross. I'm guessing NY weather is a little different. :)
How is Virginia? It's some place we think about moving to..sometimes.
NY weather is humid. Very humid. I actually like the heat when there is no humidity but that doesn't exist here so it's like you live in a green house.
I couldn't "reply" again. lol. I really love Virginia. It does get humid here too, but I'm not sure if that is because I live near a river. lol. I also hate humidity. Tennessee was absolutely AWFUL in the summer time. It was like trying to walk to jello!
Post a Comment