I have to admit that I was a bit nervous to bring Gus home. But not because I was nervous about how Bean would react, I was more nervous about how I was going to handle both of them at the same time and if I was going to give each one of them enough love. I never thought Bean was going to be jealous of Gus because I knew I wasn't going to give her a reason to be. But I couldn't help but wonder if those people were going to be right.
Fortunately, they were all wrong. When we introduced Gus to Bean she said what she always does when she sees things smaller than her that she loves, "Awwww...Babbbyyy" and she patted his head and then ran off.
It was kind of lack luster to be honest. There wasn't this amazing moment that I think everyone expects. Only, I wasn't disappointed. I was relieved that she had little interest in him and it was kind of like he had always been there.
As the days pass she gets more interested in Gus. She says things like, "Hi Baby" and when I say, "Tell Gus how much you love him." She laughs and kisses his head. The best is how she pronounces his name..She calls him "Auc" and I think it's the cutest.
As far as jealousy goes, she isn't. When we move Gus to another room to change him or let him sleep she gets angry and cries that we are taking HIM away from HER. She'd much rather spend her time rubbing his soft black curls and his little toes than spend time with Mommy and Daddy..
-M



