One of the things we wanted to implement (after doing a series of questions about our family goals and mission, more on that later) was eating dinner together. All of us. We felt that it was important family bonding time and an opportunity to sit still, if only for a moment.
We decided that unless it was work related (and sometimes not even then) nothing could be planned during our dinner time. We wanted it to be sacred, untouched, non negotiable.
So we’ve been doing this for a week now and I have to say, I really love it.
I love sitting down and asking, “So, how was your day dear?” and a little voice to my left yelling, “Good!” in between smacks of food. I enjoy Reid sitting on the table in his Bumbo as TP feeds him, his other hand shoveling the content of his plate in his own mouth.
Asking Bean what she did all day at daycare and listening to her ramble about her day fills me with so much joy. I like watching my family eat a meal I’ve prepared, that we’ve worked hard for. But most of all, I enjoy knowing that Bean and Reid will look back on these times fondly and hopefully carry it on to their own families.




No comments:
Post a Comment