Our little Bean did something this morning that broke our hearts.
She got herself up from her big girl bed, opened her bedroom door, walked into our room, and said
"Hi Daddy. Banana please?"
Oh, my heart. It hurts.
She is going to be two years old on the 18th. We've been practicing for a month now so when she's asked how old she is she puts her fist up (because she can't figure out how to hold up two fingers) and says
" TWO! I am TWO!"
For her birthday we are doing a dinner party with a couple friends, my mom (Nana), my Nana (Bean's Gigi), possibly my dad, and her Aunt Heather. I'm going to eat home made lasagna, toasty bread, salad, and make cupcakes. Simple.
I've been thinking about what to give her. We aren't been big on toys. I think she may have 15 or so that she doesn't play with. Bean would rather hold on to a broom stick and use it as a mic, or figure out the buttons on the vacuum cleaner, read a book, or watch people pass below our window.
But I want to get her a few things. I've been looking around and if you've been with me for a while you know how passionate we are about giving our daughter books and toys featuring people of color. But sometimes going to a large chain stores for these things leaves us empty handed. Unfortunately, these items are hard to come by and whenever I look for them I just can't find any.
This is Layla. She comes from Pattycake Doll Company . They have dolls for boys, biracial, Latino, and Asian children.
I love these books that can be bought from Brown Sugar & Spice Book & Education Services. They also have books for children of Caribbean, Asian, Latino, and African heritage.
In addition to those things. We’re going to have a Mother Daughter only day. I haven’t figured out exactly what we are going to do yet but it doesn’t matter because we’ll be together.
If any of you have places I can purchase multicultural gifts for Bean please leave it in the comment section. I’m always on the hunt for companies like this.
| I was not compensated in any way for this post |







No comments:
Post a Comment