Dirty Mouth

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

brooklyn2


I am such a negative person. And let me tell you, it’s exhausting.

I really don’t know how I got this way. Truly. I had a good childhood and never really experienced hardships the way some of my peers have. I’m married to a wonderful man and I have two beautiful kids. I have two degrees, an awesome job with good pay, a warm home, food, transportation, a great family, friends, and other things that I can’t think of right now that make my life more than worth living.

So what is my problem? 
Why do I always find something to complain/gossip/eye roll about? It’s ridiculous really. 


I’m too impatient. I think people should already know what I’m thinking and what I want before I know it or even say it. I have little tolerance for others mistakes but I want them to tolerate mine to no end. I have a high standard for other people but a low one for myself. And as sad as it sounds, its fun to complain and to gossip. 

There are other people in my life that do the same and its easier to join in than to take a stand and not complain and gossip. Somehow saying, “Hey, I don’t want to complain” or “Think about it this way...” is harder than joining in on it.

But maybe that’s what I need to do?

I just need to say, 
“I’m not complaining about anything today. So I hear you, I hear your frustrations, but I just can’t today.”

Does that sound mean? Do any of you complain too much?

Intense Debate Comments