On the move

Tuesday, April 24, 2012


Reid has been crawling more now. I was worried at first. Bean began crawling at 7 months but Reid didn’t begin until the beginning of his 9th.

There was so much Mommy guilt. I wondered if I was spending enough time with him, doing the same things I did for Bean when she was a little bitty. I began to feel like I failednuntil one day I put him on the floor and came back to him trying to pull over my standing lamp on the other side of the room.

I realized then that I was being foolish. Foolish to think I could influence his crawling more than I was because I forgot for a moment that I am not all powerful. Nature is. I forgot that nature and his natural instincts would take over and when he felt ready to crawl, he would.

I was being so hard on myself. I realize that I am doing all I can to give both of my children attention. No they don’t get as much individual attention as a single child would, but I don’t think they want for much.

I have to keep reminding myself that I am doing all I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments