This year is almost gone.
Because life steps in. Struggles happen, family dynamics change, loved ones are lost, and there are bumps. New career paths are presented, current ones change course several times, booboos have to be kissed, marriages strengthened, and celebrations to be had. And sometimes life makes it so that there isn’t room for 50 pound weight losses or impeccable closets or crisp ironed skits.
Because we’re too busy experiencing new smiles, budding possibilities, new friendships, mended fences, and new life.
I’m not completely giving up on all my New Years Resolutions. Of course not.
But I’m not damning myself for the wonderful and not so wonderful detours.
While I wasn’t losing 50lbs I was experiencing wonderful culinary adventures and figuring out how I can be true to myself while losing weight. And while my closets weren’t the cleanest I was chasing babies and teaching my daughter manners. And no, my clothes aren’t always ironed (well matched) but I have them and a man that thinks I’m beautiful even with spit up on my sleeve and flour on my pants.
So I guess what I’m saying is...Happy Half Year...and go easy on yourself.
