Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

Monday, December 31, 2012

See ya' later 2012!

In case any of you missed it, here's my 2012 in review.


January 2012

We kicked off 2012 with my birthday! It was a great one too. Friends, Monopoly, my favorite cake that my mom sent to me from my most favorite bakery, ever. I also declared my focus for the year and I'm happy to say that I've made leaps and bounds in cleaning up my life and my negative thinking. I also wrote about Bean's sass (that hasn't changed, only increased) and how perfectly perfect Reid is.

February 2012

This was kind of a slow month for us. I wrote about advocating for Reid and the breathing issues he was having and hosted my first blog party event which was fun. But probably the coolest thing we did this month was decorating Bean's room.

March 2012


Oh man, March was a fun month. It's always fun because two of my favorite people in the whole wide world celebrate their birthdays in March. First, it was Mozart's surprise fiesta! I caught his entrance on camera and there's also a cool video of him dancing in the car. Next up was Bean's 2nd birthday. We had a small indoor garden party with body scrub and an awesome table spread. Also, we took her to the zoo for her birthday.

April 2012

My dad came to visit for his birthday, which is always a treat. Reid started to crawl and I was feeling guilty because I didn't know if he was getting enough attention. I also wrote about a favorite snack of mine when I was little and how my kids love it now.

May 2012

I love May. It's the beginning of Spring, celebrating Mother's Day, celebrating our wedding anniversary. It really is a magical month for me. In May we celebrated our anniversary at an amazing restaurant in Philly.While in Philly we stayed in an awesome flat we found via Airbnb, our favorite travel site. Our little guy had his first tooth show up, so cute. And I started crafting after the kids went to sleep, something I still do.

June 2012


Our evening walks pick up in June because the weather is finally stable (that's Central NY for you) so we took a lot of walks in June. I also shared my love of hamburger cupcakes from Whole Foods. Best part of this month was taking these great photos of our kids people watching from our window.

July 2012

The most important thing that happened this month was the birthday of one of my favorite people, little Reid. Such a cutie! I can't even stand it! I didn't take many pictures of his party, but did get a picture of his awesome 7 layer rainbow cake. I was also pretty proud of the UNO party invitations, too. This month Bean really started lovin' her some Daddy time, which is always sweet. I also touched on how we can't afford/value high priced children's clothes. 

August 2012

Summer rages on and we score some great photos of our family from a photography student. This was also the month that God worked on our souls because we finally felt at home and at peace with our geographic location and we're still happy with that choice. I also wrote about our education choice and we added a new addition to our family.


September 2012

This month involved a lot of self reflection, especially on the way I view myself. I admit that sometimes I relate to this dowdy mom jeans commercial and that I don't always like the way I look but I'm working to get over myself. I also confessed that I sorta kind of want to punch mean kids in the face.

October 2012

Oh man, October was one tough month. I wanted it to be over around the second week because so much was going on. Reid had a hospital stay and that broke all of our hearts. I also waved my big middle finger to some people in my personal life that made me feel like crap for having a blessed life. We did some fun stuff too, like visit our local pumpkin patch and celebrate my Nana's 71st birthday with a cake tasting party.

November 2012
November was the month that things slowed down incredibly. Life picked up and I started applying a guilt free Internet theory- doing chores before enjoying the Internet. However, I did write a lot about our decision to buy a home.

December 2012

The year has wound down and I can't believe it's over. Really. I didn't write a lot this month but I did write about creating magic at home, our theory about Christmas, and a Day in The Life of our Christmas holidays.
---------------------------------

I'm really happy with the way my year has panned out.  My home is cleaner, my thoughts are less negative, our family's direction is clearer, my marriage is stronger, we're building a community here, I've come to peace with a lot of things about myself, and I'm happier.

I hope you all have a wonderful and productive 2013!

Intense Debate Comments